4 years dedicated in mobile phone problem resolution
Last updated: December 29, 2018
Do you notice the large space used up on your system? Does it affect your Mac’s performance? It could be the system logs clogging up the entire OS. Learn how to delete system log files on Mac with this article below.
If you are wondering how to delete system log files on Mac and how does it affect the entire operating system, we have compiled all the important information needed including the steps on how to manually and automatically delete the system log files.
System files are meant to be usable and helpful however they build up over time, clogging and taking more space on the Mac which can be an inconvenience to most users.
All Mac has the system log files. The system logs files to capture and saves the activities of system applications, problems, internal errors, and other services on the Mac which can be sent to developers for debugging purposes. It usually happens when an application crashes.
The system log file is typically smaller files that accumulate a lot of information that takes up tons of space. However, you can clean up system logs maintain app performance and save some space on your Mac.
If you have not reported a crashing incident then you can easily delete system log file on Mac by proceeding to the next parts below. On the other hand, if you have reported a crashing incident, then you have to better wait for the developers to finish their debugging processor until they tell you to do so.
That’s it! You now have cleaned the system log files.
1. Only remove the files inside the folders but not the folder itself. Some applications may have their system log files located somewhere inside the Mac like the Mail.
2. After manually deleting system log files, and if you want to free some space on your Mac, you can also clean up the Trash folder
3. Some files are stored inside the /var/log but not all the logs inside are safe to remove.
To better and safely delete system log files on Mac, you need FoneDog Mac Cleaner to ensure that the important files are not deleted. Remember that some files are important so if you are not familiar with how to do it then we recommend that you do automatically use FoneDog Mac Cleaner to eliminate any unwanted scenarios and issues.
Follow these steps on how to use FoneDog Mac Cleaner:
1. Download FoneDog Mac Cleaner, follow the onscreen prompts.
2. Launch the program and check the system status. Click the "Cleaner", then you will see the "System Junk".
3. Click " System Junk" and start to scan.
4. Review the items and select desired log files you want to delete. You also can back to the Previous page to Re-scan.
5. Click the Clean button to delete system log files on Mac. All unnecessary files will be deleted.
FoneDog Mac Cleaner also includes cleaning application cache, system cache, user logs, trash bin and more. It scans the status of the Mac including the disk usage, CPU, memory usage, etc. FoneDog Mac Cleaner is safe to use and easily cleans up and speeds up your any time anytime.
People also see:
You have just learned how to save up a decent amount of space on your Mac by following our suggested methods above. To ensure that your Mac works on its optimum performance, check and view the system log files for the total accumulated space which can alter its speed.
You can delete system log files on Mac using two options: manually by accessing the system log files folder itself or by using an effective program called FoneDog Mac Cleaner for auto-cleaning.
As for us, we highly recommend that for better and safer cleanup, use FoneDog Mac Cleaner. It will scan, sort and clean the system log files without removing the important ones. This will help you save more time and fewer hassles too!
16 in 1 App for Mac
Clean, Protect and Optimize Your Mac