By Nathan E. Malpass, Last updated: November 17, 2023
Smartphones have become our virtual lifelines, storing invaluable information such as contacts, messages, and memories. Whether you're upgrading your phone, switching to a new device, or simply want to create a backup of your contact list, the process to export contacts from Android to CSV (Comma-Separated Values) file can prove to be a valuable skill.
A CSV file is a universally recognized format that can be easily imported into various applications and platforms, making it a convenient way to ensure the portability and security of your contact information.
In this article, we will guide you through a step-by-step process on how to export contacts from your Android device to a CSV file, especially by the use of the hottest Android data recovery software. Whether you're a tech-savvy individual or just starting to explore the world of digital data management, our easy-to-follow instructions will help you effortlessly make the transition.
By the end of this guide, you'll have a CSV file containing all your contacts, ready to be stored, shared, or imported into different devices and applications. Let's dive into the process and empower you to take control of your contact data.
Part #1: How to Export Contacts from Android to CSVPart #2: The Best Method to Retrieve Lost Contacts: FoneDog Android Data Recovery ToolConclusion
Part #1: How to Export Contacts from Android to CSV
Exporting contacts from your Android device to a CSV file is a straightforward process that can be accomplished using built-in features and third-party applications. In this section, we'll walk you through two methods to export your contacts, ensuring that you have multiple options to choose from based on your preferences.
Method #1: Using the Built-In Contacts App
You can use the app called Contacts on your Android device in order to export your information as CSV files. Here are the steps to do it:
- Open the Contacts App: Locate and open the default Contacts app on your Android device. This app may have a different name depending on your device manufacturer, such as “Contacts”, “People”, or “Address Book”.
- Access the Menu: Once in the Contacts app, look for the menu icon (usually represented by three dots or lines) in the top-right corner. Tap on it to open the menu.
- Select “Import/Export”: From the menu options, choose “Import/Export” or a similar option that allows you to manage your contacts’ data.
- Choose “Export to Storage” or “Export to File”: Within the import/export options, select “Export to Storage” or “Export to File”. This action will initiate the process of creating a CSV file containing your contacts.
- Select Contacts: You’ll be presented with a list of contacts. Choose whether you want to export all contacts or select specific ones by checking the corresponding boxes.
- Choose CSV Format: After selecting the contacts, the app will ask you to choose a file format. Select “CSV” or “Comma-Separated Values” from the list of available formats.
- Export Contacts: Confirm your selection and proceed to export the contacts. The app will create a CSV file containing your selected contacts and save it to your device’s storage.
- Locate the CSV File: Once the export is complete, open the Files app or your device’s file manager to locate the CSV file. The file may be stored in a folder named “Contacts” or “Exports”.
Method #2: Using Google Contacts
Google Contacts provides a convenient and efficient way to manage your contacts while offering seamless integration across devices and platforms. Exporting contacts to a CSV file using Google Contacts is a reliable method that ensures your data remains accessible and organized. Here's how to export contacts from Android to CSV using Google Contacts:
- Access Google Contacts: Open a web browser on your computer and navigate to Google Contacts by visiting contacts.google.com.
- Sign In: If you’re not already signed in to your Google account, enter your credentials to log in.
- View All Contacts: Once logged in, you’ll see a list of all your contacts. You can organize them into different groups if desired.
- Select Contacts: To export specific contacts, click on the checkboxes next to the contacts you want to include in the CSV file. If you want to export all contacts, you can skip this step.
- Access the Export Menu: At the top of the contacts list, click on the “More” button (represented by three vertical dots). From the dropdown menu, select “Export”.
- Choose Export Format: A window will appear with export options. Select the contacts you want to export (either selected contacts or all contacts) and choose the format “Google CSV”.
- Confirm Export: After selecting the export format, click the “Export” button. Google Contacts will prompt you to confirm your action.
- Download CSV File: Once confirmed, Google Contacts will create a CSV file containing your selected contacts. A download prompt will appear. Choose where you want to save the CSV file on your computer.
- Open the CSV File: Locate the downloaded CSV file on your computer and open it using a spreadsheet application such as Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, or any other compatible software.
- Review and Organize: The CSV file will contain your contact information, with each field separated by commas. Review the data and ensure that it’s accurate and properly organized.
- Save and Share: If needed, you can make any necessary edits to the CSV file. Once you’re satisfied, save the file. You can also share the CSV file with others, import it into different applications, or use it as a backup.
Using Google Contacts to export your contacts to a CSV file offers a seamless and secure way to manage your contact information. This method ensures that your contacts are stored in a widely recognized format that can be easily imported into various platforms, making it an ideal solution for transferring and managing your valuable contact data.
Part #2: The Best Method to Retrieve Lost Contacts: FoneDog Android Data Recovery Tool
Now that you’ve learned how to export contacts from Android to CSV, we’ll talk about a tool that will help you recover lost contacts. Losing contacts on your Android device can be a distressing experience, especially if those contacts are crucial to your personal or professional life.
Fortunately, there are specialized tools available, such as the FoneDog Android Data Recovery Tool, an iPhone 15-supported software that can help you recover lost contacts and other valuable data. In this section, we'll introduce you to the FoneDog Android Data Recovery Tool and guide you through the process of recovering lost contacts using this powerful software.
Android Data Recovery
Recover deleted messages, photos, contacts, videos, WhatsApp and so on.
Quickly Find Lost and deleted data on Android with or without root.
Compatible with 6000+ Android devices.
FoneDog Android Data Recovery is a comprehensive software designed to recover various types of data, including contacts, messages, photos, videos, and more, from Android devices. Its user-friendly interface and advanced recovery algorithms make it a reliable choice for retrieving lost Android data due to factory reset, accidental deletion, device damage, system crashes, or other unexpected scenarios.
Here are the steps to use it:
- Download and Install FoneDog Android Data Recovery: Begin by downloading and installing the FoneDog Android Data Recovery Tool on your computer. The software is available for both Windows and macOS platforms.
- Connect Your Android Device: Launch the FoneDog Android Data Recovery Tool and connect your Android device to your computer using a USB cable. Make sure to enable USB debugging on your device.
- Choose the Data Recovery Mode: The software offers different recovery modes, such as “Android Data Recovery” and “Broken Android Data Extraction”. Select the appropriate mode based on your situation. In this case, choose “Android Data Recovery”.
- Select the File Types: You’ll be presented with a list of file types to recover. Since you’re interested in recovering lost contacts, select “Contacts” from the list. You can also choose other file types if needed.
- Scan and Preview Lost Contacts: The software will begin scanning your device for lost contacts. Once the scanning process is complete, you’ll be presented with a preview of the recoverable contacts. You can preview each contact’s details before proceeding.
- Select the contacts you want to recover and click on the “Recover” button. The FoneDog Android Data Recovery Tool will initiate the recovery process and restore the selected contacts to your computer.
- Save Recovered Contacts: After the recovery is complete, the software will prompt you to choose a location on your computer to save the recovered contacts. Select a suitable folder and save the contacts in a secure location.
People Also ReadHow to Export Text Messages From Android To PDFRestore Google Contacts from A Year Ago: Comprehensive Guide
The way to export contacts from Android to CSV is a straightforward process that offers multiple benefits for data portability and backup. Whether you use the built-in Contacts app, Google Contacts, or third-party tools, the CSV format ensures compatibility across platforms and applications.
This guide has equipped you with the knowledge to effortlessly export contacts and even recover lost ones using tools like the FoneDog Android Data Recovery Tool. By harnessing the power of CSV and data recovery tools, you can maintain a secure and organized contact list, ensuring your valuable information remains accessible whenever you need it.