You probably misplaced or lost your iOS device that’s why you are using “Find My iPhone” app. However, you found out it is not working fine. How do you fix to Find My iPhone not working issue? Find the solution by keeping read.
Part 1. What is Find My iPhone App
You might be wondering what this app “Find My iPhone” be going on your iPhone. You are aware that is being used during the time when you cannot find your device but what is really Find My iPhone app about?
Find My iPhone is developed by Apple to track and locate lost or stolen iOS devices. It has three great features that can really help in times of need:
- Erase iPhone – If you have sensitive and confidential details saved on your device, Find My iPhone will help you protect them by means of deleting. This feature will completely wipe out all content and be setting on the iPhone. After the entire information is erased from the phone, it will also display an activation lock screen so the phone will still be unusable. This is available from iOS 7 and above.
- Lost Mode – Available from iOS 6 and above, the Lost Mode will flag the device as lost or stolen. This will inform anybody who finds the iPhone to return it to the owner.
- Play Sound – Find My iPhone also plays a full volume bugging sound when it is activated. It automatically makes screen flashes too. This is perfect when you misplaced your phone at home and even at work.
Find My iPhone App
How to Setup Find My iPhone
You can easily set up Find My iPhone on any iOS devices such as iPhone, iPad, Apple Watches, AirPods, and iPod Touch.
1. Tap Settings from the home screen of your iPhone
2. Tap iCloud
3. Scroll to the bottom and tap Find My iPhone
4. Toggle on Find My iPhone as well as the Send Last Location
You will be asked to sign in with your Apple ID. All devices paired with iPhone like AirPods and Apple Watches will automatically setup Find My iPhone service.
Set up Find My iPhone Feature
How to use Find My iPhone via Web
Once you have set up the Find My iPhone service on any iOS devices, you can now start using it on any computers, Windows or Mac. Simply log on to icloud.com find and log in with the required Apple ID.
- On any browser open iCloud.com
- Log in with your iCloud account
- Find and Click Find My iPhone on the main menu
- Enter your Apple username and password
- Click All Devices from the top
- Choose your device and track
How to use Find My iPhone on iPhone and iPad
- Launch Find My iPhone app
- Log in with your iCloud account
- Tap the name of your iPhone/iPad
- Tap the desired features under Actions
Use Find My iPhone on iPhone Devices
Part 2. Fix to Find My iPhone Not Working Issue
There can be some incidents when Find My iPhone service stops working and leaves you hanging. Better to avoid it as much as possible if you don’t want to endure a stressful event.
Here are some available easy and quick steps to fix Find My iPhone not working:
People also read:
Check Network Connection--2.1
2.1 Check Network Connection
Since the tracking process requires an internet connection, make sure you have a stable mobile data and wireless connection, not the airplane mode.
Try turning the Wi-Fi on and off and check if you have the good connection and try using Find My iPhone again.
2.2 Turn On Location
Another quick fix is by turning on the location services on the device. Usually, we forget to turn it on due to some other things we do mostly on the device.
All you need is to go to Settings> tap Privacy> Tap and slide on Location Services
Turn On Location--2.2
2.3 Fetch New Data
You can also change the frequency of the Fetch New data set to allow the latest location update on the lost or stolen iOS device.
Go to Settings> tap Mail, Contacts, and Calendars> tap Fetch New Data> enable Push > tap 15-30 minutes frequency.
2.4 Correct Date & Time
If you have turned on location services but failed to adjust the correct date and time, well this might cause conflict on how to Find My iPhone works.
Correct it by going to Settings> General> Date and Time>adjust accordingly.
Turn off Don’t Allow Changes on your iPhone devices--2.5
2.5 Turn off Don’t Allow Changes
By turning off Don’t Allow Changes will help you locate the iOS device easily. To do this, go to Settings> General> tap Restrictions> Privacy> Location Services> Uncheck Don’t Allow Changes.
Enter restriction password when prompted.
2.6 When “Your device is no longer locatable” message appears
This may mean that the location on the iPhone is or has been turned off. Find My iPhone can track the device’s location within the last 24 hours.
However, you can use any of the 3 features to still locate the device.
2.7 No battery or Phone off
Another stressful event that can happen is if the phone dies out. Find My iPhone cannot work while the phone is off.
It needs to connect to a cellular network in order to transmit location and track the device.
Note: As a quick fix, open it in a browser and simply check the last location from the past 24 hours.
Part 3. Backup Important Data Selectively – Recommended
In case of lost or stolen iPhone, it is way better than you have backed up all the confidential data. This is also best when you are trying to repair to Find My iPhone not working issue. Well, you can use iTunes and iCloud for backups but you are unable to perform selective backup only.
What you need is iOS Data Backup & Restore from FoneDog Team. This program essentially performs selective backup and restore from any iOS device like iPhone and iPad. You can download the free version today to see how it works!
This is a free version to repair the issue of Fine My iPhone not work, you can click to have a try
FoneDog iOS System Recovery to fix Find My iPhone Not Working Issue
This is a video that you can fix kinds of the issues of iPhone devices like Find my iPhone not working issue, you need to do is click the Video and watch it.
Video Guide: How to Repair the Issue of Find My iPhone not Working
Part 4. Summary
You have just learned the various ways on how to fix to Find My iPhone devices not working issue. With all the methods given above, it is highly recommended that you always take backups regularly.
You’ll never know when you might lose, misplace or have the phone stolen.FoneDog Toolkit- iOS Data Backup & Restore will be your best friend in terms of selective backup and restore. Download yours now!