“There are pictures that I need to download from iPhone to my computer for my upcoming blog, how can I download pictures from iPhone easily? What are the steps I need to do? Thanks!”
There are different ways to download pictures from iPhone to your Mac or PC. You can even sign up to iCloud Photo Library where you can easily access all the pictures across any iOS devices. In this article, we will discuss and guide you through the different ways to download pictures from iPhone.
Part 1. Download Pictures from iPhone to Mac
Download Photos from iPhone Devices to Mac
Step1. Update iTunes on Mac. Transferring or importing photos to Mac will need iTunes 12.5.1 or higher
Step2. Plug in the iPhone using an original USB cable. If a pop up asks you to “Trust this computer” simply click OK. You might also need to unlock the iPhone with the passcode.
Step3. The Photos app will open automatically. If it doesn’t, click the Photos app
Step4. All the photos will now display on the screen choose the photos you want to import by clicking any of the options: “Import Selected or Import All New Photos”.
Step5. To download the pictures from iPhone to Mac, click on the desired pictures you want to download and then click “Import Selected”. If you want to download new photos then click “Import All New photos”.
Step6. A pop-up message will ask if you would like to keep or delete the photos on the device. Choose the desired option.
Step7. Disconnect the iPhone from the computer safely.
All the photos downloaded from iPhone to Mac will be saved in the Last Import Album of the Photos App.
Download Pictures from iPhone to Mac
Part 2. Import Images from iPhone to PC
Import Photos from iPhone Devices to Your Computer
Import Pictures from iPhone Devices to A Computer
If you are using Windows computer then you can also download pictures from iPhone easily using Windows Photo gallery.
Step1. Update iTunes to its latest version before the transfer or photo download
Step2. Plug in the iPhone to the computer using an original USB cable
Step3. If required, you need to enter the passcode to unlock the device and a prompt to “Trust this Computer”. Enter the correct passcode and tap Allow or Trust to continue.
Step4. Refer to these guides for Win 10 & 8
- Open the Photos app on the computer and click on Import. Follow the onscreen instructions
- Automatically, it will choose all the photos you haven’t imported yet. You can also manually choose the photos.
- Open the Photos app after successful connection
- Right click the mouse and click Import
- Choose the desired photos you want to import or select all
- Click Import
Step5. All the photos and videos synced to the iPhone using iTunes are not imported into the computer.
These steps are so easy to do when you want to download pictures from iPhone to the computer. But what if the photos you need to download from the iPhone was already deleted or gone? How are you able to download them now? Will it still be possible to get them back? On the next part of this article, you will discover how you are able to download pictures from iPhone even though they have been deleted.
Part 3. Download Photos from iPhone Using FoneDog Toolkit- iOS Data Recovery
FoneDog Toolkit- iOS Data Recovery is known for its 100% recovery rate. This program has helped millions of people with data loss problems, especially on their iOS devices. It easily recovers any phone contents like contacts, messages, photos, call history, and so much more. Here are the top reasons why FoneDog Toolkit- iOS Data Recovery is the most trusted software today:
- 3 solutions for data recovery: “Recover from iOS Device, Recover from iTunes Backup File and Recover from iCloud Backup File”
- Compatible with all iOS devices including the iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8Plus
- Data Preview is available
- Selective Recovery of any file types
FoneDog Toolkit- iOS Data Recovery also offers Free Trial version to allow users to test the program without having to pay for it. You can download the right version for your computer in order to begin the recovery. To download pictures from iPhone using FoneDog Toolkit- iOS Data Recovery, we will use the first recovery solution which is “Recover from iOS Device” by following these guides below.
Step1. Run FoneDog Toolkit- iOS Data Recovery and Connect iPhone
After you have successfully downloaded and installed FoneDog Toolkit- iOS Data Recovery, the next is to run the program and then click the option: “Recover from iOS Device” from the left panel of the program and then plug in the iPhone using an original USB cable to begin the recovery. The program will be able to detect the connection automatically and when it does, click “Start Scan” to continue.
Run FoneDog iOS Data Recovery and Connect iPhone to a PC--Step1
Note: Before running the program,
Scan, Preview, and Download Lost Images from iPhone--Step2
Step2. Scan, Preview, and Download Pictures from iPhone
The scanning will take time depending on the files being recovered from the iPhone. You can see its progress displayed on the progress bar onscreen. Once the scanning stops, you are now able to see all the files both present and deleted inside the iPhone. You can narrow down the search by toggling on the option seen on top:”Only display deleted items”. Proceed to the gallery or media categories and then find the deleted photos. Mark the pictures one by one for selective recovery and then click the"Recover" button found at the end of the screen. You can now download pictures from iPhone even if they were already deleted. Don’t forget to save them in a folder on the computer for easy reference in the future.
Lost Contacts on iPhone, How to Recover
How to Recover Photos Recently Deleted on iPhone/iPad and iPod Touch
This process is possible because all the data stored inside our iPhones are not yet permanently deleted once we erase them but rather become unreadable files. The only way to recover those unreadable files is by using third-party tools and this is where FoneDog Toolkit- iOS Data Recovery works best.
Part 4. Video Guide: How to Download Pictures from iPhone Devices
You have learned the different ways to download pictures from iPhone as well as getting them back even though the photos were deleted by using FoneDog iOS Data Recovery Tool. There are no other programs that perform just like FoneDog Toolkit.
- 1.1 Permanently Delete Photos on iPhone
- 1.2 Recover Lost Photos from iPhone without Backup
- 1.3 Recover Deleted Files on ios10 Device
- 1.4 Recover Lost data after Virus
- 1.5 Recover Lost Media Files iPhone
- 1.6 Delete Photos iPhone 7 Permanently
- 1.7 Recover Deleted WhatsApp Pictures
- 1.8 Delete Photos on iPhone
- 1.9 View Deleted Photos iTunes Backup
- 1.10 View and Extract Photos iCloud
- 1.11 Retrieve Photos from iCloud
- 1.12 Recover Photos from iPhone
- 1.13 Recover Deleted Photos after Factory Reseet
- 1.14 Recover Data Water Damaged iPhone
- 1.15 Recover Data from Broken iPhone
- 1.16 Recover Lost Data Water Damaged iPhone
- 1.17 Recover Deleted Photos Directly from iPhone
- 1.18 Recover Lost Photos after iOS 11 Update
- 1.19 Recover Lost Files from iPad after iOS 11
- 1.20 Recover Photos iPhone X
- 1.21 Recover Viber Photos Videos
- 1.22 Recover Photos iPhone 8/8Plus
- 1.23 Photos recovery from iOS 11
- 1.24 Fix iPhone Photos from Camera Roll
- 1.25 Recover Deleted WhatsApp Pictures after iOS 11 Update
- 1.26 Extract WhatsApp Photos iPhone 8/8Plus
- 1.27 Recover Photos from iPhone X
- 1.28 Recover WhatsApp Pictures iPhone X
- 1.29 iOS Update Deleted Photos, How to Recover
- 1.30 iOS Data Recovery Download
- 1.31 iPhone Photos Recovery Tools Work
- 1.32 iCloud Photo Recovery iPhone
- 1.33 Recover Photos Latest iOS Update
- 1.34 iPhone Recovery Without Losing Data
- 1.35 iPhone Recovery Software Work
- 1.36 Recover Photos iPhone/iPad iPod Touch
- 1.37 Get Old Photos from iCloud Without Reset
- 1.38 Download Pictures from iPhone
- 1.39 iPhone Photo Recovery
- 2.1 Retrieve Deleted Photos Android
- 2.2 Recover Deleted Photos Android
- 2.3 Retrieve Deleted Pictures Android
- 2.4 Recover Deleted WhatsApp Pictures
- 2.5 Recover Delete Photos from Android
- 2.6 Recover Photos, Messages Contacts Samsung
- 2.7 Get Pictures Off Broken Samsung Phone
- 2.8 Recover Photos OnePlus
- 2.9 Recover Photos ZTE Phones
- 2.10 Recover Photos Android Internal Storage
- 2.11 Recover Deleted Photos on Xiaomi
- 2.12 Recover Deleted Pictures on Android
- 2.13 Samsung Data Recovery
- 2.14 Recover Pictures Android Touch not Work
- 2.15 Recover Deleted Photos XiaoMi
- 2.16 Recover Deleted Photos from Android Gallery
- 2.17 Recover Deleted WhatsApp Pictures from Huawei with/without Backup
- 2.18 Photo Recovery for Android
- 2.19 Recover Deleted Photos without Backup from Android
- 2.20 Recover Deleted Files from Android Internal Storage
- 2.21 Best Samsung Data Recovery
- 2.22 Recover Deleted Photos from Asus Zenfone
- 2.23 Recover Deleted Android Photos on Windows 10
- 2.24 Recover Lost Files from Asus Zenfone
- 2.25 How Does Android Photo Recovery Work
- 2.26 Android Photo Recovery Free Download
- 2.27 Photo Recovery App for Android
- 2.28 Recover Deleted Photos Free Download
- 2.29 Samsung Photo Recovery
- 2.30 Samsung Galaxy Photo Recovery
- 2.31 Recover Deleted Data from OnePlus
- 2.32 Recover Deleted Photos from Google Pixel
- 2.33 The Best Photo Recovery Software
- 2.34 Restore Gallery Photos from Android
- 2.35 Data Saver for Android
- 2.36 Android Data Recovery For PC Free Download
Tips & Tricks about iPhone Data Recovery
- How to Fix iTunes Error 3600
- 3 Top Ways to Get Back Contacts after iOS 11 Update
- Full Solutions for Fix iTunes Error 3014
- Recover Deleted Text Messages from iPhone
- How Can I Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone 8/8Plus
- How to Recover Deleted Call History from iCloud
- How to Recover Deleted Text Messages from iPhone X
- iOS Update Deleted Photos, How to Recover
- Fix: iPhone Photos Disappeared from Camera Roll
- How to View iTunes Backup Files
- How Can We Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages from iPhone X
- 3 Effective Ways to Recover Lost Files on iPhone after iOS 11 update