By Nathan E. Malpass, Last updated: January 5, 2023
Snapchat allows you to post videos and connect with other people within the social media platform. As such, you may be tired of using the app due to the popularity of other social media networks. Thus, you must learn how to permanently delete Snapchat on your iPhone.
Here, we will discuss how to delete the app from your iPhone. In addition, we will teach you how to permanently erase your Snapchat data. At the end of the article, we will give a bonus tool to help you get rid of private data within your iPhone so it can’t be retrieved.
Part #1: How to Permanently Delete Snapchat App on iPhonePart #2: How to Permanently Delete Snapchat AccountPart #3: Bonus Tip: Erase Your iPhone’s Sensitive DataPart #4: Conclusion
Part #1: How to Permanently Delete Snapchat App on iPhone
Here are the steps on how to permanently delete Snapchat app on your iPhone :
- Touch the app and hold this press.
- Press the option to Remove App. This looks like a minus sign.
- After that, press Delete App.
- Confirm the process by pressing the Delete
You can do the same from the Home Screen. To do it, follow the steps below:
- Tap the app and hold this app on the Home Screen.
- After that, press the Remove icon located in the upper left part of the app’s icon.
- Press the option to Delete App.
- After that, press Delete again to confirm.
- Once that is finished, press the Done button located in the upper right part of the iPhone’s interface.
Part #2: How to Permanently Delete Snapchat Account
You may also want to delete your Snapchat account permanently if you don’t want to use the platform anymore or if you have multiple accounts. To solve how to permanently delete Snapchat app from your iPhone, follow the steps below:
- Launch Snapchat within your iPhone.
- Press the icon for your Profile. This is located in the upper left part of the interface.
- On the upper right portion, choose the Settings icon that looks like a gear.
- Scroll down towards the bottom until you find the portion that says Delete Account.
- After that, press this option to Delete Account.
- You can then follow Snapchat’s prompts on the screen in order to permanently remove your account from Snapchat’s servers.
If you wish to reactivate your account, you may log into the Snapchat app again. You will have to use your username and password. Do this within 30 days of account deactivation. You won’t be able to log into your account using your email address if your account is deactivated. In addition, you won’t have the ability to modify your account’s password. It is important to note that it may take 24 hours before you can reactivate an account that has been deactivated.
Part #3: Bonus Tip: Erase Your iPhone’s Sensitive Data
Now that you have known how to permanently delete Snapchat data, in case you needed to delete private data on iPhone, we are to give you a bonus tip on a useful iPhone-cleaning application. The FoneDog iPhone Cleaner is a tool you can use to erase sensitive data within your iPhone. Apart from that you can use it to make your phone perform faster. This is done by deleting junk files and freeing up more space within the device.
Here are some of the things it can do:
- Clear Useless Files Within iPhones. You may free up more space within the iPhone device by removing junk files, temporary files, and more. In this way, your iPhone won’t be sluggish anymore.
- Uninstall Apps. You can use FoneDog iPhone Cleaner to uninstall applications within your iPhone. Through this tool, no leftover files will be left on your iPhone. The app will be permanently and completely removed from the system.
- Compress Photos. FoneDog iPhone Cleaner has the ability to compress the photos within the iPhone. In this way, they don’t take up much space within the system.
- Export Photos. You can also use the tool to export photos from the iPhone to the computer. The computer will now serve as the new storage tool for your photos. Thus, the iPhone will have more space for new photos in the future.
- Erase Data. FoneDog iPhone Cleaner can be used to erase data within your iPhone. All the sensitive information will be erased, making it non-retrievable by data recovery software. It smartly and quickly cleans up sensitive data within your device, ensuring there is no chance of recovery.
- Selectively Erase Private Data. The tool can be used to selectively delete the contents of applications, including sensitive content. For instance, you can use it to delete WhatsApp messages, cache, attachments, and more.
Here’s how to use the tool to permanently erase data within iPhones with no chance of recovery:
- Install The Tool After Downloading It. To begin, get FoneDog iPhone Cleaner from its official website. Then, using the downloaded package, install the program on your Mac or Windows PC.
- Launch And Enter Registration Information By double-clicking the tool's icon, you may now run it. After that, you may enter your email address and the related registration key to continue using the tool.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer. After that, connect the iPhone to the computer. Then, to proceed, click the Trust option and enter your passcode.
- Select an appropriate menu. To remove all data on your iPhone, go to the left side and choose Erase All Data. It is situated underneath Free Up Space.
- Choose a security level. There will be around three different security level options available. Low, Middle, and High are examples. Select an appropriate level that you enjoy.
- Press the Start To begin the deletion procedure, click the Start button.
- Enter your password. Make sure no other programs are running or being updated. Then, enter the code "0000" to prove that you truly wish to remove sensitive data from your iPhone.
People Also ReadHow to Delete A Snapchat Picture: Step By Steps GuideSnapchat Story Downloader – How to Save Your Story on Snapchat to Your Phone [2022 Guide]
Part #4: Conclusion
This guide is about how to permanently delete Snapchat app on your iPhone. We also taught you how to delete your Snapchat account using the said device. Instructions on how to reactivate a deactivated Snapchat account were also given.
Finally, we gave a bonus tip, so your data from Snapchat won’t be retrieved from your iPhone. To do that, you have to use FoneDog iPhone Cleaner. This tool will help you delete the iPhone data, in which you can also selectively delete private data. Apart from that, the tool can help you optimize your iPhone through various utilities. Grab FoneDog iPhone Cleaner today to improve the performance of your iPhone and protect your important data!