“I’m quite skeptical about the effectiveness of Android data recovery software. However, I’ve just lost important files on my Samsung smartphone. That leaves me with no choice but to install a software. Can you give me a list of software that I can download?”
Part 1. What to Look for in Android Data Recovery Software
There are plenty of Android data recovery software on the market. Choosing one is difficult. That is especially the case if you’re a first-time user. Here are key features that you must consider to make the selection easier for you.
The software must have an established reputation for data recovery. It must have a high recovery success rate and garner the trust of its users.
- Supported File Types and Devices
A great Android data recovery software can retrieve as many file types as possible. These include messages, call logs, contacts, videos, photos, audio, and WhatsApp messages. The software must also be able to support a wide range of devices and various Android versions.
It’s important that you download only from credible sources. The software must be free from viruses and malware. Another thing you must take note of is how the program maintains data privacy. The software must be able to protect your data from unauthorized access. The recovery must be safe and not lead to overwritten or damaged files.
Based on the above criteria, we have rounded up the top Android data recovery software. Our reviews will hopefully help you choose the software that best suits your need.
Android Data Recovery
Part 2. The Best Android Data Recovery Software: FoneDog Android Data Recovery
FoneDog Android Data Recovery is highly trusted and recommended by millions of users. Let us list why.
- Highest recovery success rate in the industry
- Simple interface with preview feature to view files before you recover them
- Fast recovery speed and top-notch security
- Supports over 6,000 Android devices
- Recovers different file types without rooting your device
- Guarantees safe recovery without viruses, malware, or overwriting of files
- Offers a 30-day free trial
- Paid version comes with a 30-day money back guarantee and free lifetime update
If you’re sold on the software’s capabilities, download it now on your Mac or Windows computer. Here’s a short guide on how you can quickly restore your files.
Connect Android to PC -- Step1
Step 1. Connect your Android device.
Run FoneDog Android Data Recovery. Connect your Android smartphone or tablet to the computer with a USB cable.
Step 2. Enable USB debugging.
A prompt that asks you to allow USB debugging may appear on your device. If no message comes out, you can manually enable USB debugging.
For Devices with Android version 4.2 or higher
Head to Settings > Click About Phone > Tap Build Number 7 times > Return to Settings > Select Developer Options > Choose USB debugging
For Devices with Android versions 3.0 to 4.1
Go to Settings > Click Developer Options > Select USB debugging
For Devices with Android version 2.3 or lower
Open Settings > Tap Applications > Choose Development > Click USB debugging
After doing the above steps, tap OK on your device and OK on the software to confirm.
Enable USB Debugging -- Step2
Choose File Type -- Step3
Step 3. Select file types.
The software will display recoverable file categories. By default, all file types have been selected. You may uncheck some file types that are not applicable. Click Next to proceed.
Step 4. Preview and recover files.
You will see all existing and deleted files on your screen. Review them and select the data that you want to recover. Once complete, click Recover.
These simple steps require no technical knowledge from users. Recovering files has never been easier. FoneDog also offers tools such as Data Eraser, Android Data Backup & Restore, and Broken Android Data Extraction. With these additional features, you can take full control of your device and data.
Recover Deleted Files from Android -- Step4
Video Guide: How to Recover Deleted Files from Android
Part 3. A Review of Other Android Data Recovery Software in the Market
In no particular order, here’s our take on some of the best data recovery software for Android devices.
- Wondershare Dr.Fone for Android
If you lost some of your device’s data, Dr.Fone is a good software to use. It functions well on both Mac and Windows computers. It supports various Android phones and tablets from different manufacturers. It works with Samsung, Motorola, LG, HTC, and several others.
- The software can recover a good number of file types.
- It can do recovery even on broken Android devices.
- You can preview and selectively recover your files.
- The software has a complicated setup wizard.
- Searching for files takes the software a long time.
- Several newly released Android devices are not supported.
- FonePaw Android Data Recovery
The software is designed to retrieve lost files from Android devices’ internal memory, SD card, and SIM card. With a simple interface, the program can easily be navigated by anyone.
- The interface is user-friendly.
- The scanning process is fast.
- State-of-the-art encryption technology protects your data’s privacy.
- The range of supported file types is quite limited.
- The free trial can only be enjoyed for 15 days.
- Gihosoft Android
If you’re looking for an easy-to-use software, then Gihosoft’s is suitable for you. In 3 simple steps – connect your phone, scan lost files, and recover – you can have your deleted data back.
- Intuitive interface enables users to recover files without complicated steps.
- When recovering messages, contacts and call logs, the software shows important details such as sender/recipient name, date, and time.
- Recovered files can be exported in readable HTML format, so you can view it in your browser.
- Your phone must be rooted for the software to work.
- The interface can be improved with added options and features.
- The free version offers very limited features.
Part 4. Conclusion
That sums up our Android data recovery software review. We hope our insights will help you make a smart decision. If you need further assistance with data recovery, you can explore our website and read our expertly curated guides and tutorials.
Do remember to proceed with data recovery ASAP. Don’t use your Android device until you get your files back. That way, you have a bigger chance of retrieving lost data.
Tips & Tricks about Android Data Recovery
- How to Fix iTunes Error 3600
- 3 Easy Ways to Fix iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo in 2018
- Full Solutions for Fix iTunes Error 3014
- [Solved]Recover Deleted iMessages from iPhone
- How to Recover Deleted Text Messages From Android
- Easiest Way to Recover Deleted Excel Files from Android
- Photos Recovery: Recover Deleted Photos without Backup from Android
- How to View Deleted Text Messages Free on Android
- How to Recover WhatsApp Messages After Deleting Account
- Which is The Best Samsung Data Recovery
- How to Recover Lost Contacts from Android
- Best Way for Recovery of Deleted Files from Android Internal Memory