“My contacts are all gone after iOS 11 update, can I still get them back?” OK, the thing is that. I just updated my iPhone to the new iOS 11.0.3 and then I installed it , but a moment later, I lost my contacts list , can I still get them back?Please tell me how to deal with it, please~~~
As big fans of Apple, we are all excited to see the newest features that iOS 11 have in store for all of us. Apple gave a huge preview about it and it seemed pretty interesting to try out. Since the launch of iOS 11, we can anticipate a good number of iOS device users to experience data loss such as contacts gone after iOS 11 update and many more arising issues. So if in any case, you are one of those who can’t wait to use iOS 11, you have to keep in mind that you need to practice precautions before doing the update to avoid data loss. Always and always have backups readily available. You can keep your backups on iCloud, transfer to Mac and iTunes for convenience. Install iOS 11 to help improve and give feedback to Apple to make the final version better and stable. You can also bear in mind these reminders below:
What to do before update to iOS 11
Part 1. What to do before the Update to iOS 11
Newer iOS versions help improve our overall mobile experience that is why Apple allows users to have a glimpse of the newest features before it comes out publicly. During the process, there could be instances of technical problems like the phone was stuck on Apple logo while updating, contacts are gone after iOS 11 update, freezing, white screen, black or blank screen and much more. These issues can cause terrible hassle so we strongly advise remembering these important things below before you click that update button.
You have all the reasons to test and experience the
Before updating to iOS 11.0.3, make sure to give enough space for the new iOS 11. It may take around 1GB of space so better prepare the device to be used and to avoid update failures due to storage concerns.
Once you have installed the new iOS 11, your downgrade options are limited. You cannot downgrade to older or earlier OS versions. You can just play around with the newer versions of iOS 10. Apple will not use iOS 9 or 8 for downgrade options. But what if all of a sudden, you lost all the contacts right after the update and you forgot to take backups? That is the most frustrating feeling you can ever experience.
Recover Lost Contacts after iOS 11 Update
Part 2. Recover Contacts Gone after iOS 11 Update Without Backup
Yes, you read it right. There is a way to recover contacts gone after the iOS 11 update even without any backups made. However, you need to use third-party recovery tools in order for you to restore them. You might have come across about recovery programs online and might have been curious on how it works. FoneDog iOS Data Recovery is one of the most effective recovery programs in the market today. It is compatible with all iOS devices such as Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. Using FoneDog iOS Data Recovery, you can recover data like contacts, call history, messages, photos, videos, and much more even without backup. All you need to do is to make sure that no data is overwritten. Once you discovered that you have lost your contacts, stop adding new ones to avoid the replacement or overwriting and look for ways to recover them as soon as possible. Those deleted items are stored or hidden somewhere in the internal memory of the device and can only be retrieved by using recovery software. To learn how to use FoneDog iOS Data Recovery, read the guides below:
Step1. Install FoneDog iOS Recovery Software
On your computer, launch the program FoneDog iOS Data Recovery. If you have not yet installed it, first you need to download the software online or by using the link given. Then install the software by referring to the onscreen guides.Try It Free Try It Free
Step2. Connect iOS Device to the Computer
To begin the restore process, connect your iPhone to a computer is needed. Connect your iPhone to the computer using a valid or original USB cable and wait until the connection has been detected.
Step3. Start Scanning and Preview Files
Once the connection is ready, click the "Start Scan>>" button to start scanning your iPhone. you will see all the file types you can recover using FoneDog iOS Data Recovery. You can tick the boxes among the given file types that you need to recover.
Step4. Recover Lost Contact Lists
Scanning may take about a minute or two before it will show all the recovered contact lists on your screen. When all the contacts appear, you can go over each one of them and selectively restore all contacts gone after iOS 11 update. Click on the Recover button at the bottom of the program screen to save the contacts to the desktop folder.
Within just a few steps and clicks you have finally recovered contacts gone after iOS 11 update without having a backup and without putting too much pressure on yourself. FoneDog iOS Data Recovery works seamlessly effective to all iOS devices.
Part 3. Restore Contacts via iTunes
When your contacts are missing after the iOS 11 update and you got a backup from iTunes but you don’t want to mess up with the whole backup content, you can also use ‘Recover from iTunes backup file’ option from FoneDog iOS Data Recovery program. This will allow you to selectively recover only those data you needed and not the whole backup file.
Step1. Launch FoneDog Toolkit
On the main program menu, click on ‘Recover from iTunes backup file’ and choose among the lists of backups made via iTunes and then click start scan.
Step2. Preview and Selectively Recover Contacts
The scanning can take a while or faster depending on the total size of the backup file on iTunes. But once the scan is completed, you can now see the entire backup content arranged per category. You can go over the contacts category and choose those contacts gone after the iOS 11 update. After you have completed your contact lists, click Recover to restore your lost contacts to computer.
That’s it. You have finally recovered contacts gone after iOS 11 update using iTunes backup files without messing up the whole contents. FoneDog iOS Data Recovery allows you to recover from iTunes backup Selectively.
Part 4. Retrieve Contacts via iCloud
The third and last option using FoneDog iOS Data Recovery is using iCloud backup files. When you have backed up your contacts to iCloud, you can as well recover them easily and selectively without compromising other data from the backup file and the phone.
Step1. Launch FoneDog iOS Tool
Using the same program,
Step2. Sign In
In order to get the backup files, you need to log in to your iCloud account by entering the username and password. FoneDog iOS Data Recovery does not store your personal details so it is safe to use.
Step3. Download Backup File
Once you have logged in, you can download the recent backup file among the lists of backups available inside iCloud.
Step4. Choose Contacts
After you have chosen the iCloud backup file, you will then choose the file types you want to recover, this time you can select contacts and then click Next. This will save you some time by simply scan the contacts file.
Step5. Preview and Recover Lost Contacts
FoneDog iOS Data Recovery will scan the backup file which may take less than a minute. It will then show you the entire contact lists with the preview option and the selective restore option. Verify all the contacts gone after iOS 11 update and then click Recover.
Lose text messages or accidentally deleted important messages is a confusing thing. You can End up your worries today! FoneDog provides you the best recovery software to recover your deleted data from iPhone, iTunes or iCloud in just 3 steps!
Part 5.Video Guide: How to Extract Contacts after iOS 11 Update?
Part 6. Conclusion
Data recovery has never been this easy and user-friendly like FoneDog iOS Data Recovery. It gave users without any technical skills confidence that they can do the recovery themselves. So if you also experience contacts gone after iOS 11 update, choose among the recovery tools by FoneDog iOS Data Recovery and you will surely have them back in no time. Always remember to practice safety and protect your data by setting backups and keeping FoneDog iOS Data Recovery ready in case something might mess up along the process. You can now enjoy the features in store for you by the newest iOS 11.
- 1.1 Restore Deleted Contacts iCloud
- 1.2 Clear Out All Contacts iPhone
- 1.3 Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone
- 1.4 Extract Contacts iPhone Without Backup
- 1.5 Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone without iCloud
- 1.6 Recover Contacts iPhone X
- 1.7 Recover Data Recovery Software
- 1.8 Recover Contacts iPhone iTunes
- 1.9 Recover Contacts Phone Memory
- 1.10 iOS Data Recovery Download
- 1.11 Recover Contacts iPhone 8/8Plus
- 1.12 Recover iPhone Lost Contacts
- 1.13 iPhone Recovery Without Losing Data
- 1.14 Recover Contacts Latest iOS
- 1.15 iPhone Recovery Software Work
- 1.16 Recover Lost Contacts on iPhone
- 1.17 Fix Mac OS Problems and Lost Contacts on iOS 11
- 1.18 iPhone Contacts Recovery Software
- 1.19 Fix iPhone Contacts Missing
- 1.20 Restore Contacts from iCloud
- 1.21 iPhone Contact Recovery
- 1.22 Recover Contacts with iPhone Contacts Recovery App
- 1.23 Recover Deleted Data from iPhone X
- 1.24 Ways to Download Contacts from iCloud
- 1.25 Extract iPhone Backup Files
- 2.1 Recover Deleted Contacts on Android
- 2.2 Recover Contacts Broken Android
- 2.3 Retrieve Contacts Samsung
- 2.4 Get Back Lost Contacts ZTE Phones
- 2.5 Recover Lost Contacts Huawei Mate
- 2.6 Recover Lost Contacts from Android Phone
- 2.7 Recover Deleted Contacts from Gmail
- 2.8 Recover Contacts Asus Zenfone
- 2.9 Samsung Data Recovery
- 2.10 Recover Deleted Contacts on Samsung Note 8
- 2.11 Recover Contacts Samsung
- 2.12 Recover Contacts XiaoMi Note3
- 2.13 Recover Contacts Huawei Mate10
- 2.14 Recover Contacts from OPPO R11
- 2.15 Contacts Recovery from Sony Xperia Z1
- 2.16 Recover Data Recovery Software
- 2.17 Recover Deleted Contacts from Samsung
- 2.18 Recover Contacts Phone Memory
- 2.19 Recover Deleted Contacts from OnePlus 5
- 2.20 Recover Deleted Contacts from LG
- 2.21 Recover Deleted Contacts from BlackBerry
- 2.22 Recover Deleted Contacts from Google Pixel 2
- 2.23 Contacts Recovery for Samsung S7 Edge
- 2.24 Contacts Recovery Software for Samsung Mobile
- 2.25 Android Phone Contacts Recovery
- 2.26 Restore Contacts on Android
- 2.27 Android Phone Data Recovery Software
- 2.28 Recover Deleted Data from Sony
- 2.29 Data Recovery Software Free Download
- 2.30 Access Android Phone with Broken Screen
- 2.31 Recover Data from An Os Corrupted Android Phone
- 2.32 Retrieve Contacts from Samsung Galaxy With Broken Screen
- 2.33 Backup Contacts from Android Device
- 2.34 Recover Data from Samsung Galaxy S7 with Broken Screen
- 2.35 Samsung Kies
- 2.36 Recover Deleted Contacts on Windows 10
- 2.37 Recover Deleted Contacts from Galaxy
- 2.38 Recover Broken Samsung Galaxy Device Contacts
- 2.39 Recover Data from Dead Phone
- 2.40 Recover Deleted Contacts from Xiaomi Mix 2
- 3.1 Retrieve Contacts Samsung
- 3.2 Samsung Data Recovery
- 3.3 Recover Deleted Contacts on Samsung Note 8
- 3.4 Recover Contacts Samsung
- 3.5 Recover Deleted Contacts from Samsung
- 3.6 Contacts Recovery for Samsung S7 Edge
- 3.7 Contacts Recovery Software for Samsung Mobile
- 3.8 Recover Data from Samsung Galaxy S7 with Broken Screen
- 3.9 Samsung Kies
- 3.10 Recover Deleted Contacts from Galaxy
- 3.11 Recover Broken Samsung Galaxy Device Contacts
Tips & Tricks about iPhone Data Recovery
- How to Fix iTunes Error 3600
- 3 Top Ways to Get Back Contacts after iOS 11 Update
- Full Solutions for Fix iTunes Error 3014
- Recover Deleted Text Messages from iPhone
- How Can I Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone 8/8Plus
- How to Recover Deleted Call History from iCloud
- How to Recover Deleted Text Messages from iPhone X
- iOS Update Deleted Photos, How to Recover
- Fix: iPhone Photos Disappeared from Camera Roll
- How to View iTunes Backup Files
- How Can We Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages from iPhone X
- 3 Effective Ways to Recover Lost Files on iPhone after iOS 11 update